I am watching the tender Facebook, Twitter and Blog posts of so many of my friends and family as school begins and we “release” our children yet again after the safe and cozy days of Summer. In my case it is GRAND “G’s” who are stepping out into the world again. Many of my friends are walking the journey of releasing older sons and daughters off to college. I love this photo from amazing Tricia Goyer, who shares the journey of Motherhood in such a sensitive and wise way.
As I sat in my “Prayer Chair” this morning, I pulled out an old prayer sheet and was reminded in a fresh way of some promises God has made to us on behalf of our children and our children’s children. ONE of my very favorites–claimed LONG AGO on the pages of my old Bible is found in Isaiah 59:21
“As for me, this is my covenant with (Pat) (add YOUR name),” says the Lord, “My Spirit, who is on you and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of THEIR descendants (My G’s :)) from this time and forever,” says the Lord.
Can you say AMEN??!!
Here is a prayer for you to take hold of as these days of releasing come to you my Mamma friends!
Father God, in the sweet name of Jesus; in the presence of The Father, The Son and by the Power of the Holy Spirit, I bring my children and grandchildren before your throne, again, today.
1) I praise you and thank you that each one has received Jesus as their Lord and Savior. May they continually grasp and understand how far, how wide and how deep is the love that caused you to give Your ONLY Son for them. (John 3:16)
2) I pray that again today, they will each commit their lives to Christ and be filled with the Holy Spirit in a fresh way. May they recognize Jesus is the name above all names, Lord of all. I pray that they will trust HIM ALONE and not lean to our own understanding. (Phil 2:9-11) (Proverbs 3:5-6) (Eph 5:18 1:23 4:13)
3) That they know YOU Intimately Your Names; Your Word; Your Will; Your Heart (Daniel 11:32b) (Phil 3:10) (Ps 9:10)
4) They will take time today to Pray and Praise You and be always going to new levels in BOTH. (Mark 10:14-15) (Matt 21:16) (Phil 4:6)
5) That each one KNOWS WHO THEY ARE IN CHRIST! I pray Lord, that each one of of my children and grandchildren is securely ROOTED in our identity in YOU—Not accomplishments, people, possessions, titles—Just YOU. I pray that our security rest in YOU ALONE. In the good times and in the hard times. Give us Christ centered confidence and worth. Give us your mind Lord. Your mind is clear. Your mind is focused. Your mind is filled with things that are good, lovely, faith fixed. (Eph 1:4,7,11-14) (Col 1:27)
6) They will be Protected from the evil one by the BLOOD OF JESUS. We have HIS Power of Attorney. We have HIS NAME! Bind the enemy from my family Lord. Guard us from his schemes and lies. Guard their thoughts and minds from being STUCK in his JUNK! (John 17:15) (1 John 4:4)
7) Receive YOUR LOVE as MORE THAN ENOUGH–the LOVE of the Father—A love that NO MAN OR WOMAN can give. I pray that my children have the assurance of your great LOVE Lord. Over and above, far exceeding any human love that I or their Dad (or “G” and “Pop”) can provide. Your love is extravagant, unconditional, and unbreakable. “Father” them Lord, by your Holy Spirit. Let each one sense your ARMS OF LOVE every minute of every day. (1 John 3:1)
8) Above all things I pray that my children and grandchildren Love the WORD of God. I pray that my family possess an increasing, unquenchable love for your Word Lord. That we will treasure your Word in our Hearts. That your Word matters more than success, more than favor, more than comfort, more than reputation. More. Teach us to hide your Word deep in our hearts and KNOW WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT ANYTHING AND EVERTHING so that when the enemy whispers his lies in our ears, we will hear your voice saying THIS IS THE WAY—WALK HERE!!! (Ps 119:127-30 159-162)
9) I pray today that EACH OF US will Hate SIN and Love holiness, righteousness and press daily for Spirit Filled Living—Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Gentleness, Self-Control, Patience, Kindness, Gentleness. Giving one another the grace that you have extended to each of us. (Ps 119:9, 11, 12) (2 Tim 2:22) (Romans 16:19b) (Proverbs 8:13)
10) Each one will Grow Daily in Maturity in YOU. I pray that my family will be built on the foundation of Jesus, and grow in grace—always sensing your presence. Build us u Lord, in love, faith, spiritual strength, and thankfulness (Luke 2:52) (Eph 4:15) (Col 2:6-7)
In Jesus Priceless name and for His Glory.
If you prayed this along with me, let me know and I will stand in agreement with you today. We need one another. Also, take some time over the next few weeks to look up each verse for yourself–I promise, you WILL be stronger and have more peace.
I am still collecting commencers and newsletter subscribers for my end of the month give-away! Simply say hello in the comments below!
Blessings UnStuck Mamma!