I shared on my last post, about my HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Of course, none of us knows completely “what God has prepared for those who love Him”, right?! He is a 3D God!
His plan is Omnipotent: unlimited.
His plan is Omniscient: all knowing, all seeing, all wise.
His plan is Omnipresent: boundless, infinite, everywhere at the same time.
Mine is not.
My plan for the New Year is based upon what I see, what I feel, what I need, what I want to accomplish. Hopefully those “I’s” carry a tiny bit of His 3-D living inside of me!
One of the many things I love about January is that the whole world gives you permission, encourages you and even joins you–to REFLECT–REDIRECT–DREAM! I am constantly doing those things as I am very reflective and constantly redirecting, but in January, it’s a PARTY! Everybody is doing it! I have read a few (of the one thousand billion) blog post that have shared some ideas about how to set better resolutions and how to make all your dreams come true. Most of them are insightful, catchy and sincere.
I have been journaling and praying for a few weeks now as I attempt to REFLECT–REDIRECT–DREAM. Amongst the many things I have listed in my journal and laid out before The Lord for His direction, is this blog.
I have been blogging for about 8 Years! Yep–8 years!! I started with a blog called Sweet Tea.
Which leads me to my blog title (I know you were wondering :)) so I have to take a little detour to explain which will make this post a bit longer than my goal of 500 words. I hope you stay.
My husband and kids say that I am constantly either singing, humming or whistling. I respond to their “heads up–yhoo-hoo” aka–PLEASE STOP!, with “no-one can whistle, sing or hum unless they are happy!” (or pathologically unbalanced but either way…). My music usually comes from my latest worship track or a great new song I heard at church, good clean God stuff! However, over the holidays I have watched a LOT of Hallmark Christmas silliness so THIS COMMERCIAL/SONG has stuck in my head and is constantly in my hum, whistle or song!
WARNING: If you are easily offended don’t watch this! I DO have a point in sharing it!! Also–go get a snack during the commercial intro!
It seems lately that this is one for the top pop singles, so after singing, humming and whistling the chorus for weeks–I decided to take a full listen. Ok–there are a few naughty words in here and a confused message (sorry) but I have never been afraid to slip my Jesus into the real world. I founded a crisis pregnancy center for HEAVEN’S SAKE! Not only that but my Jesus chasing self came from the slimy bottom. I have discovered that is where Jesus fishes!
There are some words and messages in this song that I do not like, however, the Bible says the enemy takes the message of God and twists it to lies. The truth is “EVERY INCH OF YOU IS PERFECT!! The Bible says so in Psalm 139:14 and I wrote about it in my soon coming new book!
Here is my point.
As I reflected about my year, this blog stood out on my list, again. I have often considered stopping my writing here. Over the past few years, my website and my blog has taken some kind of turn away from my love for writing what I’m thinking towards what I think it is supposed to be: “consistent, focused, edited :), polished, poetically written”.
I am NONE of those things.
I discovered that my blog has become more of a place of stress for me than fun. I am constantly stressing about “Who is reading? What aren’t my visitors commenting? How many things can I afford to keep giving away to keep people coming?” So, I pondered, do I shut it down or do I do what I am best at and JUST BE ME, HAVE FUN and HOPE it encourages someone else to just be them! I chose the later.
Instead, of trying to be like everybody I admire–I have decided to JUST BE ME–(I’ts all About Da base!) I am not only going to have my website REDESIGNED but I am going to REDIRECT my blogging style for 2015 to better fit ME.
When I want a dose of wisdom and life support, I will read Lysa Terkeurst . There is no one quite like her out there IMO 🙂
Those are just what come to mind today!! There ARE plenty of great blogs out there with great things to share and I will always share them!
This is what my blog does for me–and I hope for you! It is A Place to Pause, Ponder and Play!
1. Every cloud has a silver lining. God made them that way! Jesus came for our Life Unstuck and personal freedom (John 10:10) I’m after it!I want to talk about THAT! Sometimes.
2. There is no such thing as an ordinary life. God doesn’t make junk. He creates masterpieces. My desire is to keep watching my EtraOrdinary Life unfold and help you connect with yours! Sometimes.
3. God says “whatever is lovely”–find it and think about it”. I am no professional decorator or photographer but I love beautiful things––a beautiful and welcoming home, holiday decorating, playing in my garden, pretty (sometimes yummy) food, clothes, Shamefully Spectacular Shoes, Shamefully Spectacular Shoes (Oh, I said that already LOL!) sunsets, waterfalls, children playing, gardens..I want to write about those. Sometimes.
4. Life Unstuck means Unstuck Perfection. I don’t have it. You don’t have it. Lets not judge one another. Lets play nice and make God proud of His daughters! ALL THE TIME!
5. Last but not least–Life is precious. I want to live ever tiny morsel while loving God with all my heart-mind and body. I want to share what I learn from God’s Word. It is my way of processing and planting what I learn deeper in my heart. God has been leading me for months to apply what I have learned in writing Life Unstuck to the women of the bible and how we can learn from them. Thats what I am going to do. Once each (most) weeks, hopefully onMonday, but maybe on Wednesday. I will share what I am studying and hearing in hopes of creating some dialog and community together.
Last after the last–THERE WILL BE TYPOS!!
So there you have it, my brain on overflow.
I would LOVE to hear from you about anything but I’m very OK if you just want to read, consider for yourself and move on along 🙂 I am grateful you read all (2 1/2 blog post worth) 1200 words written here.
Share if you’d like–
Your favorite websites/blogs?
Some of your resolutions?
The song going through your head right now?
How many typos could you find in my post?
I’m just warning you–there will be no free prize offered. Not today anyway. Definitely Sometimes!