“G” get ready to be amazed”
My 6-year-old Granddaughter bounced into the kitchen and grabbed my hand. She pulled me to an assigned spot on the living room couch and proceeded to step out in front of me to lift her hands over her head to form a point towards the sky. She lifted her tiny little self up on the squished toes of one foot as she drew the other leg up at the knee. That precious little “ballerina” began to twirl on one leg while keeping her eyes on me at all times for my reaction.
Her performance was completely un-spectacular but her heart and her joy made me want to cry. I squealed my praises and jumped up and down clapping.
I immediately wrote her words down to be added to my collection of personal moments and memories, words and actions, photos and dried flowers. I often collect times and treasures like this in my journals. I guess it is my feeble attempt at capturing special memories forever in my hands and heart.
Over the last few days, I have not only been thinking about her adorable-“G” nabbing performance but I have been thinking allot about the “pirouette”. Not meaning to sound too dramatic or super spiritualize, I just can’t help but think of God’s love in moments like this.
Since my last blog post, I have freshly AMAZED by God and watched him “pirouette” as in a beautiful dance of love:
- At an Imagine Me Conference for some beautiful women in Georgia where many women received Christ’s love for the first time, surrendered past pain and loss and embraced a fresh passion for their present and future in Him.
- While babysitting my 3 youngest Grand’s (who call me “G”) while their Mom and Dad went to a weekend wedding in Virginia.
- At a church in Ohio where I spoke at 3 anointed services amongst the fabulous colors of fall.
- At a day long Surrendering the Secret training for 25 women from 3 U.S. locations and IRELAND.
- When returning home to my husband who had been delivered to the hospital by ambulance, through his emergency surgery and miraculous recovery.
Matthew 15:31 The people were amazed when they saw the mute speaking, the crippled made well, the lame walking and the blind seeing. And they praised the God of Israel.
Habakkuk 1:5 [ The Lord ‘s Answer ] “Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe, even if you were told.
Luke 9:43 And they were all amazed at the greatness of God.
What has God done to AMAZE you lately??