I had so much fun on the Permission to Pause Podcast this week!
I had a recent discussion with a family member about a tough choice she was having to make. As we RANDOMLY chatted about this God dropped THE BEST checklist into our hearts.
I have been leading, writing, and speaking at LOTS of churches over the years so I guess the process of alliteration has sunk into my brain :))
the occurrence of the same letter or sound at the beginning of adjacent or closely connected words: the alliteration of “sweet birds sang”
As smoothly as a butterfly flows to a flower—we came up with these 5 things that are CRITICAL when making a life changing decision.
Admittedly actually FOLLOWING THEM is a bit messier—
Here they are:
- Faith (How does this line up with my faith? How is GOD directing me)
- Family (what does my family think? Does it affect them?)
- Freedom (Do I have FREEDOM in this choice or does it trip me up, make me feel trapped?)
- Friends (How are my friend’s responding? Do they think this is a good choice for me?
- FUN! (Does this choice bring me JOY? Or is it filled with burden and heaviness?
What do you think? Do you agree? Do you have more ideas? Hod do YOU make difficult choices? I hope you will PAUSE with me on the podcast today to dig a little more into this rather unscientific but honestly simple and true formula!
Let me know your thoughts–